- Get the form: Outside the Student Services office on the second floor are folders mounted on the wall. In one of them are tutor subsidy forms.
- Get it signed by the teacher: You will take one of those forms to the faculty of the class you need tutoring in and tell them you need a subsidy. The faculty will sign and give you back the form.
- Get the subsidy approved by Jessica: You need to turn the form into Jessica Bineham at the Student Services office (in the box outside the office) for her to approve. She will put it in your box once it has been approved.
- Bring the form to your first session: With the form that you and the faculty filled out will also be a log for your tutoring hours that you and your tutor will fill out each session. The tutor will keep the form between sessions and will turn it in once all of your hours have been used or the term for which the form was approved is over. If your sessions are online, you can either drop the form in Emery’s mailbox on the third floor of OCOM in the teacher’s lounge or take a picture / scan it and email it to Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org
For one student for one hour of tutoring ($25/hr), after the subsidy you will pay $11.75.
For two to four students for one hour of tutoring ($40/hr), after the subsidy the group will pay a total of $26.75 and you can split that up however you like. An even split between two people is $13.37 for one and $13.38 for the other. Between three people is $8.91 for one person and $8.92 for the other two. Between four people is $6.68 for one person and $6.69 for three people.
I can only accept one subsidy per hour of tutoring, so you will need to work out whose is being used. Or book two hours and you would each use one hour of your own subsidy.
I’ve been a student and I know what it’s like to be low on money, but the test is coming up. Tell me when you can pay and we will work it out. If you don’t tell me that you need to pay me later, then I will assume you can and will expect you to pay the day of your session.
You can pre-pay for several sessions in advance if you’d like and I will load a “gift card” for your use. If you need a refund for pre-paid sessions, you can do that, but there will be a transaction fee of the greater of 10% of the amount refunded or $10.
For example, you buy 8 individual sessions at $25 each for $200. You use two sessions then break your foot and need to go on a medical leave of absence. I will refund $150 – $15 (10% of $150) for $135 back to you. If you had used five sessions before going on leave, then I will refund $75 – $10 for $65 back to you.
If you sign up for more than 10 slots for the class, then you will be sent an invoice for the package deal. Or you can email Emery and they’ll add you to the sessions and send you an invoice. In order to get the discount, you’ll need to purchase the package by the Friday of week 2.
The group study sessions take place on zoom for an hour every week of the term, and for two hours the weeks of major tests (2 of the 12 weeks for Living Anatomy and 3 of the 12 weeks for Channels and Points). You’ll be given the weekly link when you sign up for the sessions, and you’ll join when it’s time. If you arrive late, no big deal, but please be sure to not be disruptive when you enter. Attendance will not be officially tracked.
You can either send Emery the questions you have in advance or during the session, but they will be mostly covered in first-come first-serve order. Emery will be answering questions, pulling up images and explaining concepts about the previous week’s material and sometimes going into the upcoming week’s material.
They will be conferring with the teachers of the classes to make sure that important concepts are covered to best prepare you for the exams. Sometimes there might be quiz style games to help you test your knowledge, or Emery may share a resource that they have found or created. You are always welcome and encouraged to ask for what you need!
Follow this link and sign yourself up for an account or click the Book Tutoring button above. You may book back to back sessions for a longer time if you wish. Select the kind of session that you want:
- individualized (1-4 people)
- group (set times)
- at OCOM
- at my clinic in SW Portland
Select the time slot and click Complete Booking. You’ll enter your card, but won’t be charged until the day of, using the payment method of your choice.
If you want a group session for a class that isn’t offered, or an additional session of an existing group session – let me know! Ask me to provide it by filling out the form below.
If you need a particular time for an individualized session and I can make it work, then I will let you know.
The point of having a term package is to encourage you to make studying a priority. Things may come up to cause you to miss some sessions, and the responsibility for ensuring your schedule does not conflict with the sessions before signing up is yours. Emery may choose to make RARE exceptions to the “no transfer between subjects” policy, but they are intended to be exceptions, so please only ask if you really need one.